Wednesday, April 4, 2012

In the beginning...

To start out I would like to explain just a little about this project, The Corporate Vagabond Blog. The name Corporate Vagabond (or CVB as I have begun endearingly calling it in the past 30 seconds that it has been in operation), speaks to the nature of my current work as an Admissions Counselor and Recruitment Coordinator for the American University in Bulgaria. In this job I am half stoop-backed, paper shuffling bureaucrat and half bright-eyed, slick haired traveling salesman. Which in my interpretation means I am Corporate (I work for a non-profit educational institution) and am a vagabond (with a home and a job), because I prefer vagabonds over traveling salesmen. They always have vivid hyperbolic stories to tell, as will I.

As an afterthought I googled the name of this blog and found similar titles, but in spite of my wounded creative pride decided to keep it, because I think it is catchy and captures what I hope will be its essence.

Which brings me to the point of this Blog. I have been searching for a way to discipline myself to write more and in a more structure manner, to keep my scribe muscle lithe and limber. A friend suggested a blog about travel. This would work however I do not travel frequently enough to write as extensively as I would like. I have previously tried to write a blog about my own personal philosophies, but that was very short-lived as I have only a few. Instead this blog should capture something bigger than just myself, my opinions and the things I do. That would be great! But Im not sure what's left. This noble goal will probably fail and I will write the usual self-congratulatory musings that are found in other blogs. I will probably mix it up with some current politics, culture, music, experience, comings, goings, happiness, sadness, death, destruction, life and rebirth. But first, let me begin.

1 comment:

  1. Man, that's more exciting than a new series starting on TV! (for those of us who still love reading, but find it difficult to separate from a screen) I hope you keep those sweet perceptions of life coming, Nate.

    ReplyDelete